2008年 11月 07日
On the last day of October, I was invited to a house of
Permaculturists for a cooking demonstration.
In light drizzle, the creator of the Permaculture garden
and I started wandering around to find some ingredients
for tonight's dinner.
...uhmmm...something yummy to go with grains.
"Lemon tree is over there, Here is our Asparagus,
oh! sorry I forgot about you (to her melon seeding^^)"
It was as if she was introducing me to her close friends,
it's just that ... they can be nibbled^^.
As she was gently guiding her fluffy chooks to bed,
she explained how to build a fox-proof cage using
some recycled materials, which may seem rubbish
for some, but they're very useful toys for others.
By the time a basket was full of fresh vegetables
and fruits, People from the Eastern Suburban
Permaculture Group started arriving.
Together we cooked; (veggies from the garden)
* Minestrone-Style Soup with Millet and Oats （Red Onion, Parsley）
* Marinated Seaweed with Buckwheat (Lettuce, Rocket, Lemon）
* Japanese-Style Pasta with Buckwheat
（Asparagus, Beans, Peas, Spinach, Mitsuba, Shiso）
* Garlic flavoured Quinoa Nuggets （Garlic Chive, Red Onions）
* Millet Burger with Grated Carrots （Thyme and Red Onions）
* Cooked Vine Leaves and Kale
* Oat and Carob Truffles
A small kitchen gave us no choice
but to be cooking close to each other^^.
It was such a warm night.
posted by Maki